Friday, November 13, 2009

Patience Is Indeed a Virtue

As I tromped back to the house after putting the trash out early this morning, I was greeted with a lovely November surprise, a fall blooming camellia literally bursting with blossoms.

I planted this Camellia sasanqua 'Autumn Moon' in my garden three years ago. It has struggled to make itself at home, even though it is sited perfectly - protected from the harsh southern exposures, partial shade (morning sun, afternoon shade), in moist, but well-drained acidic soil. William Ackerman could not have found a better spot for this plant in my garden. I pass it many times each day as I leave and return home. I've watched and waited. And today, at last, the reward.

Oooh, the metaphors for growing children . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment